Wednesday, January 28, 2015

book of the slumber (fiction)

12:54 a.m

i should be sound asleep.
maybe with a dream or two. but i can't help thinking irrationally. it's almost comical, almost a bit too silly but i still think of it.

i should be sound asleep.
but instead thoughts of my worst fear keeps me awake.

i should be sound asleep.
but i feel, i know, as paranoia embraces me tight beneath the safety of my bedsheets.

I want to sleep this off. And i have no reason to stress over it. but I just can't seem to sleep this off.
trying, to take deep, slow, breaths as i scrawl these words into a notebook.

i should be sound asleep.
but instead i hear those voices.
"there's no point"
"she doesn't deserve this"
"i don't know how one can stand her"

4:32 a.m

i should be sound asleep.
instead i lay, numb, almost drenched in cold sweat. the moment slumber takes over, horrid thoughts find its way to wake me up.