Saturday, May 11, 2013

book of the seventeen years and 1 week old



i spent a great 17th birthday with my family pigging out at seoul garden buffet. it was just really great attacking and grilling the endless amount of chicken i was able to get.

anyway, unlike last year, i couldnt stop myself for looking forward to my birthday. i really hate it. i knew that if i do so i'll get far more disappointed.
and also a lot of people wished me a happy birthday. you know i'm not particularly fond of that.

but before you jump into the chance of calling me an ungrateful little brat, my explanation is that i feel like birthday wishes from strangers who knew it was my birthday from another source feel so redundant.
redundant. like how you wish for the sake of wishing. and i have to thank for the sake of thanking.

not that i'm asking for everyone to remember when my birthday is, but i feel like the intimate thought associated with a mutual relationship with one another & remembering a birthday by heart because it's someone you're particularly fond of or find that person important in your life is a lot special. am i making sense?

but nonetheless i really love all of your birthday wishes, and they're all sweet. i'm really blessed and i'm really thankful.